Sandalwood Essential Oil, Therapeutic Pure & Natural, Mysore Sandal, Antiseptic, Ageing Skin, Relaxing 10ml
- AROMA & PROPERTIES: This beautiful oil comes from a parasitic, evergreen tree that burrows its roots into other trees. It has a woody, sweet and exotic, subtle and lingering aroma. The yellowish wood is sold in thin scraping, and the trees are cut when they reach maturity at sixty years. Commonly agreed that the best essential oil comes from Mysore in India. It has Antiphlogistic, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Aphrodisiac, Astringent, Bechic, carminative, Expectorant, Sedative, and Tonic properties. It is burnt at funerals to help free the soul from death.
- MIND: A very relaxing oil that soothes nervous tension and anxiety- more sedative than uplifting. Reputedly helpful in dealing with compulsive attitudes and said to cut ties with the past. It could be used to comfort the dying since it helps to bring peace and acceptance.
- SKIN: Generally a balancing oil, but particularly good for dry eczema, aging, and dehydrated skin. It softens and makes a good neck cream when mixed with cocoa butter. It relieves itching and inflammation, and its antiseptic qualities are helpful with acne, boils, and infected wounds.
- BODY: It has a purifying and anti-inflammatory action and is very useful to the Genito-urinary system. Its aphrodisiac qualities can relieve sexual problems such as frigidity and impotence, perhaps dealing with underlying anxiety. Its antispasmodic & tonic action on the body encourages relaxation and a feeling of well-being. Also helpful with sore throats and dry coughs which h accompany bronchitis and lung infection. Very relaxing and aids sleep when catarrhal conditions present, helps to stimulate the immune system and keep disease at bay.
- HAIR: It keeps the scalp hydrated and helps reduce dandruff formation. Reduce sebum secretion- sandalwood oil has brilliant astringent properties. It can ward off excess scalp sebum secretion, treat split ends, and foster hair growth. It reduces dryness, refills lost moisture, and increases skin elasticity
The Centre of commercial cultivation of sandalwood is Karnataka. From here comes the finest quality essential oil distilled from the wood of fully mature trees. Sandalwood oil has long been used in ayurvedic medicine for its healing properties and is reputed to improve memory. It is also one of the oils mentioned in the bible. God told King Solomon to use sandalwood for the making of the furniture in his great temple. This he did, and the temple was filled with the beautiful smell of oil.
Our Sandalwood Essential Oil is 100% Pure, Organic, Therapeutic & Steam Distilled; It can be used in diffusers and inhaled directly with 4-5 drops in handkerchiefs for freshness and relaxation.
Part Plant Used: Wood
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Sandalwood oil is profoundly relaxing, calming, soothing, and a good mediation aid. An excellent antiseptic for both pulmonary and urinary systems, with a rich woody smell making the oil quite pleasant for therapeutic use.
Emotional: Calming, Sedative, and relaxing benefits for relieving anxiety and depression; helpful in freeing the mind from the past; invaluable as a remedy for insomnia. They are used in inhalation, vaporizers, baths, application, or massage.
Respiratory: Soothing and antiseptic; relieves irritation and soreness in chesty coughs, sore throats, and laryngitis, soothes inflammation in bronchitis and asthma. They are used in gargles, inhalations, vaporizers application, or massage.
Skin: Balancing and anti-inflammatory; softens dry, mature, or wrinkled skin; helps dry dandruff and eczema; reduces inflammation and irritation from sunburn, nettle rash, hives, diaper/ nappy rash, and allergic conditions. Used in compresses application or massage.
Digestive: Calming and antispasmodic; subdues vomiting, colic, and hiccups; helpful for diarrhea; soothes heartburn and nausea, especially morning sickness. They are used in compresses, applications, or massages.
Circulatory: Soothing relieves itchiness in hemorrhoids and varicose veins. They are used in compresses or applications.
Urinary: Sandalwood oil would soothe cystitis and other urinary infections when used in compresses or applications.
Gynecological: Hormone regulator and balancer. The oil is good for pre-menstrual and menopausal symptoms in baths or applications.
Personal Care Tips-
- Diffuse during a yoga practice or while meditating for its grounding and uplifting properties.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover your head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply 1–2 drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and lessen feelings of tension.